When I try to import the file to premiere, the timings are always wrong even though when I caption it it looks right? I have boiled it down to being the wrong frame rate so was wondering how to change it?
Dotsub does not work with frames per second, as our captions use the HH:MM:SS:milliseconds format instead.
Some of the export formats do, however, allow you to select a different framerate, such as the case of STL.EBU format.
To save your subtitles in this format, you can follow these steps:
- Login to your project area on Dotsub.com > Menu > My Projects
- Locate the video and expand it by clicking the plus sign next to it.
- Click on its thumbnail to open the video page.
- Using the Caption and Translate panel to the right, select the appropriate format and then click on the language name to start the download.
- A new page, will allow you to select a different framerate as needed (see screenshots attached).
- Save the file and attempt re-importing.
Should this not help, Premiere has an option to display audio tracks in milliseconds – if the entire project settings can be set to display thousandths of a second rather than frames, this might be a useful workaround.
Here is some documentation on that that might be helpful: http://www.adobepress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1861548
Let us know if this works.